Saturday, March 21, 2009

My Favorite Time of the Week

Weekends mean that soccer will be on. Real soccer, not like the kind displayed by the Energy Drinks on Thursday. Good win for the Sounders, bad defense and goalkeeping for NY. Also a rough day Friday for my BC Eagles whose men's basketball and hockey teams both had their seasons ended today.

Let's hope my soccer teams fare better.

Here are my picks:

English Premier League

Playing on Sunday, game I hope I get to see, are Liverpool and Aston Villa. 2 top five clubs so you think it should be a close match but Liverpool are healthy and red hot while Martin O'neill's men are free-falling. Aston Villa will be the more desperate but Liverpool more confident. I'll call it 3-1 for the Reds at home at Anfield.

Portsmouth v. Everton: I know that Pompey will be desperate for points at home but I can't overlook Everton's advantage on paper, even though they were soundly beaten in the corresponding fixture. 2-1 Everton.

Blackburn Rovers v. West Ham: 1-1

Fulham v. Manchester United: 1-2

Stoke City v. Middlesbrough: 1-0

Tottenham v. Chelsea: My upset special of the week. 2-1 Spurs.

West Bromwich Albion v. Bolton Wanderers: 2-3

Newcastle v. Arsenal: I really hope Newcastle avoids the drop and they have drawn so many times this seson that I think their desperate need for points earns them another. 1-1.

Wigan Athletic v. Hull City: 2-0

Sunderland v. Manchester City: 2-1

Italian Serie A

Milan play away to Napoli this weekend. I don't know a ton about Napoli and can't recall seeing them this year. They are mid-table but they just changed coaches, hiring former Rossoneri midfielder Roberto Donadoni, and drew lowly Reggina last week. I just like the form Milan are in and will take them 0-2 over Napoli.

AS Roma v. Juventus: A big game for Roma but they will not be able to overcome the amount of injuries and suspensions they face. 1-3 Juve.

Internazionale v. Reggina: No contest 3-0.

I'll pick Genoa and Fiorentina to both pick up wins also as they continue to fight for the 4th spot.

I might be able to finally watch some games now that my cable is fixed!

No comments:

Post a Comment