Well I did a little bit better with my picks this week. I even got my first exact call with Inter's 2-0 win over Fiorentina. Called another scorer right too, not that I'm bragging. Anyways a quick recap:
I can't really gloat because it's still unlikely either of my teams, Liverpool and Milan, will win their respective leagues. But that only makes the routs over the weekend a little bit less awesome. Great performances all around by the Reds and the Rossoneri with special work put in by Gerrard, Torres, Inzaghi, Pato, Pirlo, Beckham, and give Pepe Reina some credit. Not my favorite keeper even though he's on my team but he made some good stops and at least one great one.
Other Notes:
Poor Aston Villa. Falling to a bottom-half Tottenham side saw them continue their slide and Arsenal have now taken fourth place back over. I'm pretty sure they won't meet again so Aston Villa really need to collect all the points they can get. But, the road gets rougher as they draw Liverpool and Manchester United in successive weeks. I was kind of hoping this was the year the "Big Four" got shaken up a bit but we might be back to business as usual.
Finally, I have already professed my admiration for him, but some more dap is in order for Pippo Inzaghi whose brace against Siena saw him reach the incredible milestone of 300 goals. Hats off to Pippo. Love him or hate him no one can dare deny that he is indeed one of the most prolific goalscorers in modern soccer.
MLS starts soon. Anyone care?
I'll try to.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment